FAQs Source: BSE, Bombay Stock Exchange
- What are the weightages of different sectors in the BSE 500 Index?
Sector Weight (%) 1 Finance 29.72 2 Transport Equipment 9.77 3 Information Technology 9.71 4 FMCG 9.45 5 Oil & Gas 8.46 6 Capital Goods 5.2 7 Healthcare 4.95 8 Metal, Metal Products & Mining 4.28 9 Housing Related 3.98 10 Power 2.65 11 Chemical & Petrochemical 2.56 12 Consumer Durables 1.65 13 Telecom 1.55 14 Miscellaneous 1.28 15 Transport Services 1.22 16 Agriculture 1.17 17 Media & Publishing 1 18 Textile 0.69 19 Tourism 0.36 20 Diversified 0.28 21 Other 0.08
- What are the criteria for selection and review of Securities for the S&P BSE 500?
- The index is derived from the constituents of the S&P BSE All Cap. Stocks in the eligible universe must satisfy the following eligibility factors in order to be considered for index inclusion:
- Listing History. Stocks must have a listing history of at least three months at BSE. IPOs are eligible if they have a listing history of at least one month. If a stock’s listing history is less than six months, as of the rebalancing reference date, all data used in the eligible universe screening and index construction process are from the listing date, subject to the minimum listing requirement stated above being met.
- Trading Days. The stock must have traded for at least 80% of the trading days at BSE during the six month reference period