X

Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. Stock Analysis

Mid Cap
Evaluated by 1244 users | BSE: 500126 | NSE: PGHL |
Pharmaceuticals & Drugs
Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India in 1967; It was the first Merck Group company in Asia.Merck Limited went public in 1981 and was the first Merck Group company to do so. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital of Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is...

Analysis of Financial Track Record

Data adjusted to bonus, split, extra-ordinary income, rights issue and change in financial year end
Financial track record gives insight into the company's performance on key parameters over the past ten years. MoneyWorks4me’s proprietary colour codes make it easy for retail investors to gauge the company’s past performance.
Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. has performed well in majority of the past ten years indicating its past ten year financial track record is very good
Value Creation
 Dec'10Dec'11Dec'12Dec'13Dec'14Dec'15Dec'16Dec'17Dec'18Jun'20
Return on Capital Employed 17.83%16.88%17.48%11%7.87%9.19%12.33%11.54%73.32%20.8%
Growth Parameters
Growth Parameters Colour Code Guide
Net Sales (Rs. Cr.) 5095906877988679409936981,288904
Y-o-Y Gr. Rt.-15.8%16.6%16.1%8.7%8.3%5.7%-29.7%84.5%-29.8%
Adjusted EPS (Rs.) 43.6838.4147.0733.3625.5431.7146.6348.57502.09102.21
Y-o-Y Gr. Rt.--12.1%22.6%-29.1%-23.4%24.2%47.1%4.2%933.8%-79.6%
Book Value per Share (Rs.) 208.69247.04291.36315.08333.92356.36399.89441.72927.78363.21
Adjusted Net Profit 72.563.878.155.442.452.677.480.6833170
Net Op. Cash Flow (Rs. Cr.) 6618.854.30.5583.510753.7-130157
Debt to Cash Flow from Ops 0000000000
Standalone financials take only the parent company into account while consolidated financials take into account financials of the parent company as well as of all its subsidiaries. In most companies consolidated financials should be used for analysis.
Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. should be analysed on a Standalone basis
CAGR
CAGR Colour Code Guide
  9 yrs 5 yrs 3 yrs 1 yr
Net Sales 6.6%0.8%-3.1%-29.8%
Adjusted EPS 9.9%32%29.9%-79.6%
Book Value per Share 6.41.7-3.2-60.9
Share Price 30.6% 56.3% 81.6% 62.3%
Key Financial Parameter
Performance Ratio Colour Code Guide
 Dec'10Dec'11Dec'12Dec'13Dec'14Dec'15Dec'16Dec'17Dec'18Jun'20
Return on Equity (%) 17.8216.8617.48117.879.1912.3311.5473.3220.8
Operating Profit Margin (%) 14.4912.3415.369.656.89.0211.6610.1316.3223.42
Net Profit Margin (%) 14.2410.8211.376.944.895.67.811.5564.718.77
Debt to Equity 0000000000
Working Capital Days 128273365235248381367503321346
Cash Conversion Cycle 32577174858266881512
Entity Percentage Holding
Promoters 51.82%
Institutions 17.23%
Non-Institutions 30.96%
Pledged *0.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.000.00
* Pledged shares as % of Promoter's holding (%)

MoneyWorks4Me analysed the past 10-year performance of Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. and arrived at the following conclusion:

Past 10 year's financial track record indicates that Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. is a good quality company. However, for specific investment actions please connect with your investment advisor.

The 5-year analysis of Procter & Gamble Health Ltd.'s performance infers:

Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. earnings have grown by 32%, whereas share price has appreciated 56.3% CAGR over the past five years, indicating the company's share price is likely overvalued. However, for specific investment actions please connect with your investment advisor.

We analysed the performance of Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. share prices over the last 10 years. Here is what we found out:

Procter & Gamble Health Ltd. share price has appreciated 25.7% annually over the past ten years.

Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India in 1967; It was the first Merck Group company in Asia.

Merck Limited went public in 1981 and was the first Merck Group company to do so. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital of Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is publicly traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.  Number of employees is nearly 1800; including close to 600 associates (as of December 22, 2008).

Merck Limited (formerly E. Merck Limited) was set up in India in 1967; It was the first Merck Group company in Asia.

Merck Limited went public in 1981 and was the first Merck Group company to do so. The Merck Group now holds 51% of the share capital of Merck Limited, while the remaining 49% is publicly traded on the Bombay Stock Exchange Ltd. and the National Stock Exchange of India Ltd.  Number of employees is nearly 1800; including close to 600 associates (as of December 22, 2008).

Merck is a global pharmaceutical and chemical enterprise with around 33,000 employees in 59 countries and total revenues of around Euro 7.6 billion (2008). It is the world’s oldest pharmaceutical and chemical company – its roots date back to 1668.

Merck’s state-of-the-art Galenic and Analytical Development Laboratory in Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra enables it to react faster to market demands, have better quality control and ensure world-class formulations by developing in-house various galenic forms like tablets, capsules, injections, syrups, dry powders, creams, etc.

The Merck India Charitable Trust Scholarship Programme was established in 2005 to provide financial aid to economically disadvantaged students in India to continue with their higher education.  Following a contribution of Rs. 30 million to the corpus by Merck, the Trust has financed the education of over 100 students since its inception.

Merck India’s manufacturing site located at Ponda, Goa commenced its operations in 1983. Spread across nearly 150,000 sq metres, it has facilities for pharmaceutical as well as chemical manufacturing.  In addition to manufacturing injectables and soft gel capsules, Merck India is also the largest manufacturer of Vitamin E in the country and the only manufacturer of Guaiazulene, Thiamine Disulphide and Oxynex ST for Merck worldwide. Goa’s new Dehydrated Culture Media plant is the first outside Germany.

Millipore India Private Limited was incorporated in 1986 as a joint venture with Millipore Corporation, USA and became a 100% subsidiary of Millipore Corporation in 2009. Millipore was acquired by Merck Chemicals in 2010, March.

The company in May 2009 offered to buy back equity shares with face value of Rs 10 up to an amount of Rs 45.11 crore being not more than 10% of the total paid up capital and free reserves at a maximum price not exceeding Rs 435 a share.

In 2010 Merck KGaA and sanofi-aventis sign Agreement to Jointly Investigate Novel Combinations Against Cancer.

In 2013 Merck Millipore India Announced its Partnership with Toshvin Analytical Pvt. Ltd. for Lab Water Purification Systems

Product range

The company has both pharmaceuticals and chemicals operations.

  • Pharmaceuticals- Vitamins, Nutritional supplements, Cardiovascular Diseases, Respiratory, Hematinics, Cough & Cold, Anti-malarial, Non-Steroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs (NSAID), Antibiotics, Oral Rehydration Salts and Encephalotropics
  • Chemicals- Life Science Solutions & Specialty Pigments.
Puchho Befikar
SEBI Registered: Investment Adviser - INA000013323

Callback