Fairfield was founded as an offshoot of Ross Gear and Tool Company by David Ross to manufacture differential gears for the early automotive industry.
Fairfield Manufacturing Company offers a broad range of gear and drive solutions including gearing, custom designed gear assemblies, and the industry renowned Torque HubÂ® planetary drives.
As part of the Oerlikon Drive Systems business segment, along with Oerlikon Graziano, their product portfolio also includes drive solutions such as axles, transmissions, and specialty gearbox assemblies for a wide range of applications.
Now in it's 86th year, Fairfield Manufacturing Co. is one of the world's largest independent producers of custom gears and gear products and power transmission components. Along with its custom gear work, the company builds a range of Torque -Hub branded products and accessories for wheel, shaft output, spindle and swing drive applications.
- Capabilities from our 175,000 square foot facility in Belgaum, India include:
- Internal and External Spur and Helical gears
- Internal Spline and Splined / Spur Shafts
- Gear Shaving
- Miscellaneous O.D and I.D Machining, Turning, and Grinding
- Complete, Precision Inspection Capabilities
- In â€“ house heat treating
- Complete assembly and painting capabilities
Fairfield recently introduced their new line of High-Torque Jack-Up drives at the May 2009 Offshore Technology Conference, held at Reliant Park in Houston, TX.
Fairfieldâ€™s complete line of Torque-HubÂ® jacking drive products are designed and developed to meet the specialized needs and requirements of rugged marine applications with maximum jacking torque ratings from 700,000 in-lbs to over 20,000,000 in-lbs.
Special features offered include customized input configurations, output pinion gears, and specific ratios suited to the specific applications. Fairfield Torque-HubÂ® jacking drives feature ABS and DNV certifications and include high quality, precision gear components to insure smooth jacking, high reliability and outstanding performance in the most demanding applications.
Product range of the company includes:
The company offers Gear and drive solutions-
- Custom Gears -The most extensive range gear manufacturing capability available. From one inch to over 60 inches, Fairfield has the ability to engineer the perfect gear to service your need.
- Custom Assemblies -From 3000 Nm to over 4 million Nm of output torque capability, Fairfield has the expertise to meet the most demanding drive system requirements.
- Torque Lock -A full line of spring â€“applied / pressure released brake products with real holding power.
- Torque Hub -Torque-HubÂ® final drives deliver the torque output and long-life performance required for industrial machinery and off-highway mobile equipment.
Fairfield founded as an offshoot of Ross Gear and Tool Company by David Ross to manufacture differential gears for the early automotive industry.
Fairfield expands from a small gear shop to a highly regarded producer of all types of gears in the gear industry. Customers included Oliver Tractor Company, John Deere, and Clark Equipment Company.
Fairfield makes significant contributions to the war effort during WWII. Fairfield Awarded the Army-Navy Production Award for outstanding accomplishment in the production of war materials.
Moved into new modern facility on US 52, becoming North Americaâ€™s Leader in the production of custom gear products. The company experienced several expansions throughout this decade. Developed and refined induction hardening process for gear teeth.
Decade of innovation and invention. Fairfield developed self-locking differentials to improve traction of mobile machinery, as well as innovative types of gearing to adapt to market needs.
Fairfield purchased the planetary final drive product, Torque-HubÂ® expanding the companyâ€™s market offerings. During this decade the last surviving Ross family owner passed away, Eleanor Ross Baird, and the company is sold to Rexnord a manufacturer of transmission, aerospace, and specialty components.
Rexnord sells Fairfield to NEOAX Corporation
As part of a restructuring and realignment process, NEOAX sells Fairfield to Lancer Industries.
A line of compact track and wheel drives with hydraulic motors, were developed in a joint development agreement with Sauer-Sundstrand.
Fairfield acquired Atlas Gear in India. The newly formed Fairfield Atlas Limited, expands from 75,000 square feet to over 170,000 square feet and adds the manufacture, assembly, and painting of complete gear assemblies to the companyâ€™s capabilities.
Purchased by Saurer AG, the worldâ€™s leading textile machinery manufacturer. As part of this acquisition Fairfield joins the Graziano Trasmissioni Group, expanding the companies footprint and capabilities throughout the world.
- Fairfield has received two distinct certifications covering their gear components and drive products used in the global off â€“ shore / marine platform and jacking drives industries.
- The company received DNVâ€™s MSA certification qualifying Fairfieldâ€™s gear components for use in all DNV certified jacking systems, planetary and custom drive assemblies.
- Fairfield has also received product certification from DNV for one of their most recently developed jacking drive assemblies in their line of S2000 Series Jack - Up Drives. Fairfield offers a complete range of jacking drives systems and products covering maximum jacking torque capabilities from 732,000 in- lbs. to over 20,000,000 in-lbs.
- DNV is one of the world's leading certification bodies/registrars offering the latest in management systems certification services, helping to manage risk, and helping customers safely and responsibly improve their business performance.
- Fairfield Manufacturing Company, Inc. is a global leader in the design, development, and manufacture of gear and drive system solutions for the off- shore marine and energy industry as well as specialty industrial and off â€“ highway mobile machinery.
- Fairfield is part of the Drive Systems business segment of the Oerlikon Corporation AG, PfÃ¤ffikon, Switzerland. The Oerlikon Corporation operates in 180 locations worldwide on five continents and focuses on a variety of high technology markets in Europe, Asia and the U.S.
- ISO/TS - 16949 Certified.