Data is not available for this company.
Data is not available for this company
Jupiter Bioscience is one of the few companies in the world to have competency in synthesis of peptides starting from the basic stage to finished peptides. The company was established in 1985 by K S Sarma a technocrat of repute and a respected entrepreneur in the Indian pharmaceutical industry. The companyâ€™s product portfolio further includes specialty and fine chemicals, drug intermediates, bulk drugs and nutraceuticals. With expertise on multiple technology platforms and processes
Jupiter Bioscience is one of the few companies in the world to have competency in synthesis of peptides starting from the basic stage to finished peptides. The company was established in 1985 by K S Sarma a technocrat of repute and a respected entrepreneur in the Indian pharmaceutical industry. The companyâ€™s product portfolio further includes specialty and fine chemicals, drug intermediates, bulk drugs and nutraceuticals. With expertise on multiple technology platforms and processes based on advanced organic chemistry, chiral chemistry, peptide chemistry and biotechnology the company is geared to provide solutions for the global pharmaceutical and the biotechnology industry.
â€¢ 1985 Incorporated as a private limited company
â€¢ 1987 Started commercial production of APIs
â€¢ 1992 Backward integration for developing the key raw material
â€¢ 1995 The company went public
â€¢ 1997 Set up a new manufacturing facility for specialty chemicals & Intermediates
â€¢ 1998 Commercialized the first indigenously developed peptide raw material
â€¢ 2000 Floated a 100% subsidiary Sven Genetech to focus on Peptide chemistry, Chiral chemistry & Biotechnology
â€¢ 2004 Commercialized processes for solution phase peptide synthesis
â€¢ 2005 Commercialized processes for solid phase synthesis and production of unnatural amino acids
â€¢ 2006 Acquisition of a manufacturing facility in Hyderabad
â€¢ 2007 Strategic Alliance with Ranbaxy for Peptide APIs and formulations
â€¢ 2008 Acquisition of a manufacturing facility in Switzerland
1. Peptide Building Blocks â€¢ Aminoacids and its Derivatives â€¢ Unnatural Aminoacids
2. Peptides â€¢ Peptides Overview â€¢ Pseudoproline Dipeptides â€¢ Peptide Coupling Reagents â€¢ Research Peptides â€¢ Generic Peptide APIs
3. Non-Peptide Generic Drugs & Intermediates â€¢ APIs for Human Use â€¢ Veterinary APIs â€¢ Drug Intermediates & Fine Chemicals
4. Under Development â€¢ Generic Peptide APIs â€¢ Biopharmaceuticals â€¢ Rapid Diagnostic Kit â€¢ Non-Peptide Generic APIs â€¢ Enzymes â€¢ Formulations â€¢ Peptide and DNA Microarrays
1. Custom Synthesis - Jupiter Bioscience offers custom manufacturing services for complex and challenging products to pharmaceutical industry and research Institutions.
2. Process Development & Scale Up - Jupiter undertakes process development and scale up on behalf of its customers in the areas of Organic Chemistry, Peptide chemistry, Chiral Chemistry and Biotechnology.
3. Contract R&D - The coming years will witness emergence of novel peptide drugs. Their dedicated research team comprising scientists from various disciplines can design peptide and peptide assemblies for specific molecular targets.
1. Sven Genetech Limited, India The company manufactures following category of products:
â€¢ Side chain protected amino acids and specialty peptides
â€¢ Un-natural amino acids and beta amino acids
2. Jupiter Bioscience Inc, USA The company is incorporated in USA in the state of Virginia. The company has a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in the state of Maryland which is one of the manufacturing hubs for the pharmaceutical and the biotech sector in the US.
3. Jupiter Bioscience AG, Switzerland
The business segments of this subsidiary are:
â€¢ Custom synthesis of peptides and peptidomimetics â€¢ APIs for peptide in clinical trials by solid phase â€¢ Generic peptide APIs by solution phase