Micro Technologies (India) Limited, incorporated in the year 1992, is an IT based company, a leading global developer, manufacturer and marketer of security devices for its clients across the globe.
The product line of the company include much-needed security devices, life style and support systems and web-based software. Micro Technologies has a history of leading-edge security solutions products. This tradition continues through a singular focus on innovation, advanced technology and making the life of its clients safe, secure and manageable in terms of security, time and money one of the most important defining characteristics of a security and life support solution based company in the early 21st century.
It is one of the most valued security solutions provider across the globe and has been accorded with many national and international awards for its growth and R & D. Micro Technologies aims at displaying not just the technological innovation and prowess but also the product diversity in various segments of vehicle, premises, mobile, other assets and now entering Energy & Health Segments.
The company is ISO 9001:2000, IECEE, NASSCOM, ARAI, EMC, ERTL certified.
The clients of the company include Arai, Siemens, Eureka, FICCI, Reliance Energy, Idea, Atlas Apco, BARC, CIDCO, Tata Honeywell, etc.
Micro Technologies has deployed its Intelligent Surveillance System at Shree Subramanya Samaj Temple, Cheda Nagar, Chembur, Mumbai.
Product range of the company include:
- Vehicle Security & Tracking-
- Micro VBB is an anti-theft vehicle security system.
- Micro FMS can be used to manage a fleet of vehicles efficiently.
- 'Micro Bike Security System' is a small hardware device developed for the security of all type of two wheeler vehicles
Premises-Micro HSS, Micro SSS, Micro OSS, Micro ACS, Micro IBB, Micro ISS, MicroDMS, Micro VDP are the premises security system
- Desktop & Laptop, Mobile, Buddy
- Energy segment include energy black box,
- Health segment has Microehealth, and
- Pets segment has Pet Movement Tracking System.
- EVPMS (Exhibitor Visitor Participant Management System) is a Next Generation system prepared for the management of exhibitions, keeping in mind the needs of Exhibition Industry
- Micro PP has been specially designed for all those job-seeking people. The site assists the consultants with an opportunity to implement on-site services and place their requirements online.
- Micro Power Sinewave Home UPS is an exceptionally powerful top of the line technology product based on Digital Signal Processing with in-built Smart Battery management, 5 stage battery Charge Control System and an in built Diagnostic aid.
Micro Technologies has two subsidiary company-
1. Micro Secure Solutions Limited is engaged in range of Premises security products for commercial & residential premises with an exceptionally high level of customer satisfaction, irrespective of the type of the premises.
2. Micro Retail Limited is engaged in the area of retailing the range of Electronic Security, Software and messaging Products for vehicle, premises, and other assets.
- Micro Technologies won the 'Amity Corporate Excellence Award'.
- Accorded with the 'Deloitte Technology Fast 500 Asia Pacific Award' for being one of the 500 fastest growing companies in Asia for two consecutive years- 2007 & 2008. Awarded with the 'Deloitte Technology Fast 50 (India) Award' for two consecutive years-2007 & 2008.
- Micro Technologies won the Dun & Bradstreet - ECGC - Indian Exporters' Excellence Award.
- Micro Technologies bags Maharashtra IT Awards, 2006.
- Dr. A P J Kalam, former president of India, felicitates Dr. P Sekhar for his significant contribution in the security segment.
- Micro Technologies and Bharti Airtel Limited ties up to offer Micro LMTS (Lost Mobile Tracking System) to secure the mobile handsets of Airtel subscribers.
- Micro Technologies ties up with MTNL to offer Mobile security solution-Micro LMTS to its Mumbai & Delhi Subscribers.
- Micro Technologies has entered into a strategic agreement to market Micro Products and its licenses to Sri Lanka.
- Launched new security products Micro MCS (Mobile Controller System), Micro SAMS (Student Attendance Management System) & Micro WSS (Wi-Fi Security System).
- Launches an exclusive range of Products such as Micro BTS (Buddy Tracking System), Micro LNTS (Lost Notebook Tracking System) and Micro ISS (Intelligent Surveillance System). Milestones of the company
- The company was formed in 1992 and the main source of revenue for the company was from projects carried out for governmental and semi-governmental organizations.
- Over a period of the company's operations, it realized the vast potential in product development, and started converting many of the projects based solutions into product suitable for mass production.
- In early 1998, the company introduced products such as civic amenities management systems, manpower management, inventory control, budgeting financial software (for state governments), point of sale systems, billing for civic utilities (such as water bills, telephone bills, etc) state entry tax assessment systems among others. With major clients being BMC, BPCL, MTNL, BARC, MSEB, Mantralaya, IOCL etc.
- In 2000, the Company went public with its IPO and raised equity capital to concentrate on research and development to foster development of innovative products such as Micro ODS, Micro POS, Micro PMS, Micro AMS etc.
- The shift from a 'project and services oriented' to a 'product-based' approach mainly concentrated on the security and life support segment.
- The company's vehicle security system, Micro VBB, launched in 2004 was highly successful and gave the company the drive and confidence to pursue its new business approach.
- Set up of Micro InfoTech Park at Vashi in Navi Mumbai.
- Major clients include MCGM [Municipal Corporation of Greater Mumbai], Pune Municipal corporation [PMC], Collector Office, Alibaug, SICOM, Department of Post, BRIT etc.
- In 2005, the company raised further capital by the issue of GDRs to enhance its manufacturing capabilities and also to develop new products and adding more value to its existing product line.
- In 2005-06, the company saw almost 100 per cent growth in its top-line and bottom line, with security products contributing more than 60 per cent of its revenue.
- One of the path-breaking products developed to curb the burning problems of property crimes was Micro HSS, Home Security System. The power of messaging through mobiles and Internet came into boom and Micro Technologies once again ahead of time came up with Micro Life Line, an Intelligent Scheduler and Communicator, to enhance messaging even without mobiles. Micro Technologies also launched an internationally acclaimed product MICRO LMTS (Lost Mobile Tracking System) and made an easy and cost-effective way to secure one's mobile with an advance technology. In line to these products the other products launched were Micro Office Security System & Micro Secure Bank Black Box.
- Tie-up for having access to high-end technology for product enhancement.
- 'Showcase of Micro Technologies as an IT Innovation Company in India 2005' by NASSCOM
- Quality & Safety tested products, certified by International Accredited Agencies i.e. ERTL, ARAI Certification for its products.
- Received 'Maharashtra IT Award for R&D in 2006' by Govt. of Maharashtra.
- Appointed internationally eminent persons as advisors to join the Advisory Board and share their expertise knowledge in varied fields.
- To bring to the masses the IT enabled security products & Life Support Systems, the company inaugurated its retail outlets known as 'MICRO SHOPPE'.
- In 2006-2007, through the bolstering of its strategy in relation to major international expansion, the Company saw an increase in its revenue contribution from international sales, accounting for 38 per cent of its total revenue.
- Various collaboration with National and International companies nationwide like Siemens, Girvan Institute of Technology, Knowledge Vector Inc., US, Macrosoft Associates Inc and Ford India Ltd.
- One of the few companies to obtain approval from the Chief Controller Of Explosives for installation of Micro VBB on vehicles carrying inflammable cargo.
- Tied up with Jicoux Datasystems, a 100% subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation to offer Micro LMTS (Lost Mobile Tracking System) for Chinese and Japanese market.
- Entered into a strategic agreement with TWI International PTY Ltd. to market Micro VBB - Phantom (A New Model) to South Africa market and set up a major activity for installation, maintenance to support the entire Middle East market.
- Micro Technologies competent security products were tested for safety requirements of European regulations and started offering CE Certified products.
- Micro LMTS (Lost Mobile Tracking System) the innovative product of Micro Technologies achieved Symbian Signed status.
- NASSCOM INNOVATION BOOK, 2006 once again portrays Micro Technologies success story.
- The new security products launched in the year were VBB-E Car, Micro IAS-Bank, Micro Shop Security System, Chinese version of Micro LMTS (Lost Mobile Tracking System).
- Micro Technologies (India) Ltd. gave away two set of awards the 'Micro Innovation Award, 2006' for excellence in the field of Science & Technology and 'Micro Product User Beneficiary Award, 2007' for the benefitted users of Micro Products.
- In 2007 the company raised funds by issue of FCCBs (Foreign Currency Convertible Bonds) which are listed on Singapore Exchange.
- The new security products launched in the year were Micro BTS (Buddy Tracking System), Micro MCS (Mobile Controller System), and Micro SAMS (Students Attendance Management System).
- Global Expansion in markets of South Africa, Sri Lanka, Nigeria and Kenya.
- Micro Technologies Launches Micro Emergency Response System Micro ERS A system to keep you safe where ever you go
- Micro Technologies and OGW Ties Up to Secure the Malaysian Market.
- Micro Technologies Launched Futuristic security System for the Banking
- Micro Technologies launches its Unique High end Mobile Security product Micro Mobi Security