Data is not available for this company.
Data is not available for this company
Mayajaal Entertainment was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 as West Bank Garden Farm Clubs Private Limited on 9th July, 1997.The name of the company was changed to Hotel Whales Private Limited w. e. f. 28th December, 1999 and then further changed to Mayajaal Entertainment Private Limited w. e .f. 11th January, 2001.The company was subsequently converted to a public limited company and the name was changed to Mayajaal Entertainment Limited, pursuant to a resolution passed at a
Mayajaal Entertainment was incorporated under the Companies Act, 1956 as West Bank Garden Farm Clubs Private Limited on 9th July, 1997.The name of the company was changed to Hotel Whales Private Limited w. e. f. 28th December, 1999 and then further changed to Mayajaal Entertainment Private Limited w. e .f. 11th January, 2001.The company was subsequently converted to a public limited company and the name was changed to Mayajaal Entertainment Limited, pursuant to a resolution passed at a shareholders meeting held on 22nd April, 2002.
Business area of the Company:
The company developed the Family Entertainment Centre in 2001 comprising of Mall & Multiplex 'e.joy'. In the year 2003 the company developed the Sports Village 'The Champ' which is a stadium cum facility centre for organizing various sports event such as cricket, snooker, squash etc. The company further in the year 2005 constructed â€œOnshore Resortâ€ which is leisure cum health resort. The above facilities are spread out over an area of 26.82 acres in a single campus away from the bustle of the city, on the scenic East Coast Road near Chennai.
The company in the year 2000 became a 100% subsidiary of PMGL as a part of PMGLâ€™s growth and diversification strategy. By way of the Scheme of Amalgamation, PMGL subsidiaries i.e. Media Dreams Limited, Kris Srikkanth Sports Entertainment Limited and Intelivision Limited (herein after collectively referred as the 'Merged Entities') merged with the company. As part of the Scheme of Amalgamtion, the Animation and Web Entertainment business of PMGL was demerged into the company,However, pursuant to the scheme, in addition to 'e.joy', 'The Champ' and 'Onshore Resort' the merged entity i.e. the company diversified into the following business activities:
a) Content Creation and Delivery of Animation Films (demerged from Pentamedia Graphics Limited) b) Production of Live Action Films (carried on by Media Dreams Limited) c) Web Entertainment (demerged from Pentamedia Graphics Limited) d) Television Entertainment (carried on by Intelivision Limited) e) Sports related Content (from Kris Srikkanth Sports Entertainment Limited)
Promoter Group/ Group Companies / Entities:A. Pentasoft Technologies is the only listed company within the GroupB. Unlisted companies within the Group:1. Vesa Holdings Private Limited2. Num TV Limited3. Esoftcom (Mauritius) Limited4. Pentafour Software Employees Welfare Foundation.
The companyâ€™s business operations can broadly be classified in the following segments:I. Family Entertainment Centre(FEC), Resorts, Sports VillageII, Content Creation and DeliveryIII, Web EntertainmentIV, Television Entertainment.
(I) Family Entertainment Centre (FEC), Resorts, Sports Village:The company started the e.joy in the year 2001, Sports Village in the year 2003 and Onshore Resort in the year 2005.A) e.joy (Family Entertainment Centre): The company in the first phase developed an area of 5 acres into â€œe.joyâ€. e.joy has a 1,00,000 sq. feet centrally air conditioned dome under which various forms of entertainment are offered.The FEC has the following facilities:
1) Ten (10) Screens Multiplex: The companyâ€™s Multiplex is the largest in Tamilnadu. It comprises of ten (10) screens with an overall seating capacity of 1583 seats spread over an area of 32,000 sq feet. The multiplex exhibits films including Hindi, English, Tamil, Telegu, Malyalam & Kannada. The multiplex has the unique facility of screening more than fifty (50) shows per day with a single print. This contributes around 35% to the revenues of the company.
2) Eight (8) Lane Bowling Alley: The company has Chennaiâ€™s largest and the only eight (8) lane Bowling Alley along with a service lane. The company frequently conducts tournaments and events to promote this entertaining sport.
3) Video Games Arcade: e.joy comprises of a gaming parlor consisting around 100 different popular and latest games from around the world catering to toddlers, teens & adults.
4) Food Court: The e.joy Food Court has a seating capacity of 500 seats and is spread over an area of 20,000 sq. feet. It comprises of different cuisines including South Indian, North Indian, Chettinadu, Chinese, Thai, Italian, American served by leading brands such as Baskin Robbins, Marry Brown, Coffee Day Express, US Pizza, Drive Inn, Noodle Shop amongst others.
5) Maya Mall Shopping: The company has four (4) level shopping arcade spread over an area of 36000 sq feet. These shopping mall displays variety of range from apparel, fashion, jewellery, home care, foot wear, edible items, toys, music DVDâ€™s and CDâ€™s, books & stationery, electronics etc
6) Convention Hall: The â€œOscar Hallâ€ has a seating capacity of 400 people to meet appropriate occasions like weddings, receptions, conferences, seminars, banquets, get togethers.
7. Car Parking: The FEC has the facility to accommodate parking of around 1000 cars.
(B) Onshore Resort: The leisure cum health resort spread over an area of 5 acres started its operations in 2005. A 3 star categorized resort dwells into the realms of leisure, entertainment, sport, business and a host of other activities with a scenic view. The resort is set in a picturesque land scape surrounded by Buckingham Cannel from behind, e.joy Dome on one side and the Sports Village on the other side, making it all the more a, â€˜Most apt destinationâ€™ for tourists, businessmen & leisure travelers. Onshore Resort has the potential to service over 5,000 people at any given point of time, for various events.
The Onshore Resort comprises of the following:
1) Spacious rooms, Suites & Cottages: The Resort consists of forty (40) rooms.All the rooms are equipped with facilities like LCD TV with DTH, A/C, Wi-Fi Connectivity, STD/ISD calling facility, Electronic safe vault, Refrigerator.
2) Forest Themed Bar: The 'Amazon Bar' launched in the year 2006 spanning 1517 sq. feet with a seating capacity of 70-80 people. It gives a unique ambience of an Amazon forest theme to the Bar and is popular amongst young crowd apart from our hotel guests. It serves food along with a wide range of beverages.
3. Multi-Cuisine Restaurant: The 'Riviera Multi-Cuisine Restaurant' is spread over an area of 1080 sq feet. It is a fine dining restaurant and offering elaborate cuisines. This restaurant is known for its Punjabi and Chinese cuisine and is popular among our guests.
4. Conference & Convention Halls: The Onshore Resort has three conference halls in operation.
The other facilities available at the onshore resort are a swimming and SPA pool & artificial waterfall.
c) Champ: The Sports Village is spread over an area of 17 acres has been operating since 2003. The Champ is a 'first of its kind' facility which combines the thrill & excitement of sports with a dose of Entertainment. The Champâ€™ is open twenty four (24) hours a day and seven (7) days a week. It offers a range of stimulating indoor and outdoor games, health club and expert coaching facilities on a variety of sports. The sports club offers permanent, temporary and walk-in membership schemes.This Sports Village comprises of:
1) Cricket Ground: The Cricket Ground with three (3) International Turf Wickets was inaugurated by former India Cricket Captain Kapil Dev in 2003, meets the international standards. It is spread over an area of 137227 Sq feet and has been hosting tournaments of corporates, BCCI, TNCA, Sports Associations and ICL.
2) Indoor games Sports Complex: This complex is spread over an area of 1684 Sq feet. It provides a range of stimulating indoor games like Table Tennis, Snooker & Billiards, Carom. It additionally offers sports like squash, bandminton and a unique facility for indoor cricket.
3) Champ Gallery: The Champ Gallery is set up for the spectators to view the cricket matches being played at the cricket ground.
4. Conference Halls: The champ has a conference halls in operation and an open garden lawn.
5. Tennis Court: The Tennis Court is spread over an area of 28800 sq feet at â€œThe Champ' offering high quality clay courts, which are maintained regularly by professionals to give the ace feeling.
(II) Content Creation and Delivery Business: The company is a â€˜One-Stopâ€™ production house from concept to completion for pre-production, production and post production activities. The company uses the animation studio of its promoter to carry out the production activities for animation content.
A) Operations of Animation Films: The promoter of the company commenced its multimedia operations in 1993 through the supply of multimedia content to their software clients. Since then have developed a reputation for producing quality animation.
The Animation films produced by PMGL are:
B) Operations of Live Action Film: The operation of Live Action Films was vested in to the company through the Scheme of Amalgamation from the erstwhile Media Dreams Limited, which was a subsidiary of Pentamedia Graphics Limited and used to develop software for television and motion pictures, distribution of film & TV content and also handles media marketing. The various projects of the erstwhile Media Dreams Limited of production of Live Action Films were:
1. Bharathi- Winner of 4 National Awards 2. Nilaa Kalam- Winner of 1 National Award 3. Pandavar Bhoomi- Winner of a State Award 4. Little John- Tamil, Hindi & English 5. Krishna Krishna 6. Pammal K Sambandam 7. Whistle
(III) Web Entertainment Business: The promoter of the company commenced the operations of the Web Entertainment division in 1999 in the name and style of New Millennium Television. Through the Scheme of Amalgamation, Web Entertainment division was demerged to the company.
The company has a twenty four (24) hours live online multilingual entertainment portal with over thirty (30) television channels, multilingual radio channels, multilingual press, interactive events, live events and stage plays all on the internet on its website URL http:// www. numtv.com. NUM TV offers entertainment through broadband connection mostly to countries other than India. NUMTV.com commenced its operations in the year 1999 and as on date has a registered user base of two (2) Million and a subscription of 9,000 users per month. It offers entertainment through broadband.
Operations: Numtv.com currently offers around thirty (30) TV channels, regional radio, E-books, stage shows & more than 2500 regional movies on demand. It also offers range of in-house contents on various topics categorized as under:
(IV) Television Entertainment: This division consist of Indiaâ€™s first twenty four (24) hours â€œFree To Airâ€ childrensâ€™s television channel in English namely Splash TV which commenced its operations in 1998. The company acquired this segment from Intelivision Limited through the Scheme of Amalgamation. Splash TV offered programmes on edutainment, infotainment and entertainment in English. The target age group was 2â€“16 years with live action and animated content. It has produced more than 1000 hours of content and has acquired several hours of content from various production houses around the globe. The company has discontinued the broadcast of this channel since November 2004. However, the content owned by the company is currently used by various television channels and is also distributed over web on a revenue sharing as well as on fixed fee basis.
1997 - Incorporated as West Bank Garden Farm Clubs Private Limited.
1999 - Acquisition of land located at the East Coast Road near Chennai with a total area of 26.82 Acres.
2000 - Registration of Trade Mark 'e.joy'.
2001 - Commencement of operations of 6 theatres at 'e.joy'.
2003 - Commencement of operations of Sports Village and launched by Kapil Dev.
2004 - Registration of Trade Mark 'Mayajaal'- Conducting India Vs Australia Women ODI Cricket Match at â€œThe Champâ€ and was telecast live by Doordarshan-Carried out restructuring exercise pursuant to the Scheme of Amalgamation .
2005-The animation film â€œGullivers Travelsâ€ was qualified for nomination for the Oscar under the animation category- Commencement of operations of Onshore Resort- Commencement of the Maya Mall Shopping located at e.joy.
2006- 3 Star rating for Onshore Resort received from India Tourism-Chennai, Government of India.
2007- Indian Cricket League - Essel Group Tournaments (50/50) tournaments conducted at â€œThe Champâ€- The Registered Base of numtv.com touched the two (2) million mark.
2008- Commencement of operations of four (4) additional screens at the FEC and larger Food Court - Setting a record of screening forty eight (48) shows of the Tamil film â€œDasavatharamâ€ on a single day, with a single print.